Monday, April 16, 2007

Baby Steps

We are still working on completing our home study. We have been collecting references, birth certificates, marriage certificates, financial statements, etc. It is a lot harder than making a baby! We received word from our social worker that some of our clearances have come back which is exciting! We are making progress.

I remind myself daily that even though this child is coming to our family in a different way than our first two, she is real. I can't hear her heart beating or feel her feet kicking me but she is a part of me already. Dean and I went to Target tonight and looked at the baby stuff just for fun. We also went to Barnes and Noble and bought a book about Vietnam. I looked through it and saw the beautiful children with their big eyes and huge smiles and tried to imagine how our child will look. It is very exciting! We are pregnant with hope and anticipation!

3 comments:

Aunt Debbie said...

I loved it when you said "Pregnant with Hope and Anticipation". Do you still have cravings for pickles and ice cream? If so, let me know and we'll go get some. Keep us up to date. Love Ya!

Shawn Morgan said...

I can't see your faces but I remember your looks when you are excited about the things going on in your life. I can see the joy this process is bringing you through your paragraphs of updates. May God continue to be with you every step of the way through this exciting journey.

Sheree said...

I also love the "pregnant with hope and anticipation", and without the weight gain and morning sickness. I am so excited with you and pray for you daily. Love you guys:)