Sunday, March 23, 2008

Introducing...

The name game has been a long one for me. I have been thinking about it from the moment we decided to adopt. My husband, on the other hand, refused to think about it until we received our referral. He wanted to see her face and consider her Vietnamese name, which I totally get, but I just wanted to have some options ready. So, for the past year I have been saying, "What about this name, ______?". And he has been looking at me with that "You're so not going to get me to talk about this" look. And to further annoy me, he started to refer to her as Michelle. Sorry to any Michelles out there. I don't dislike the name, it just wasn't one of my top choices. Anyway, now that we have a referral and such a sweet face to look at, we finally started to really think about a name. After much thought and discussion, we have finally made a decision.
Drumroll, please...


Her name is Anna Grace.


Those of you who know our family know that Anna is Dean's mother's name and we are so honored and pleased to name our daughter after her. She is a Godly woman with a gentle and loving spirit who I know our Anna will look up to and emulate all her life.


I love family names. Allison is named after my great grandparents whose last name was Allison, Emma shares my middle name, and Anna will be blessed to share her name with a very special grandma.


Well, I guess it is officially Easter morning, so Happy Easter!! I hope you all take time to thank God for the sacrifice He made for us so long ago. By the way, that's why our Anna will be Anna Grace. Without God's grace to us, there would be no hope of new life. And as a reminder of what new life looks like, I leave you with a picture our friend painted for us of how she pictures our Emma now that she is experiencing her new life with our Savior...



How I wish all of the people we love would accept this gift of Grace. It's the easiest and best thing you will ever do! I know Emma would tell you it is so worth it!

4 comments:

Pam Fatula said...

I think that is the perfect name for your little girl!! She is so beautiful! I look at her picture often, and can't imagine how hard it is for you to wait to hold her in your arms!! I pray that that day will come soon!
ps.. thanks for including me in your email.. I was so happy to see that little face!!

Aaron and Leigh Olson said...

I am very happy for you guys. I think you picked a great name. I sure hope we get to see you all again soon.
Aaron

Aunt Beth said...

Wow!! I love it. I know Mom is honored too. I love Grace as well. I always thought I would use Grace if I ever had a girl. I obviously don't have a girl, so I'm so glad you are using the name. It is PERFECT for her. It will be nice to have a name to use in my prayers now for her.

Anonymous said...

I've been checking this more frequently waiting to see what is new. Love the name you for your daughter, it is beautiful!
But all of your daughters have beautiful names. Your in my prayers. Love ya!
Lori