Thursday, April 10, 2008

One Step Closer...

Today we received another picture of Anna Grace and she looks so beautiful!! She looks healthy and so petite. I am in awe of her. It is so hard to know she is on the other side of the world but, as my new friend, Leanne, reminded me, she is in God's hands and he can take care of her much better than I can. It is still hard though.

We also sent our paperwork in to have her approved by the U.S. to be adopted. This could be a very long wait or it has been short for some. There is no rhyme or reason to this process. So we just wait and check our email often. I am hopeful that it will be a quick process for us.

The good news is that we are moving along much faster than I anticipated and I am hopeful that this next part will be the same. I am praying that it will be anyway. Prayer is the only action I can take at this point so I am doing it earnestly. I pray for Anna every night before I go to bed because that is when her day is just beginning, and I pray for her in the morning as she is probably sleeping for the night (I hope).

It is so amazing when I look at her picture and I feel as if I know her. I can't wait to get to know her personality and her mannerisms, but for now I am content to place her in God's hands each night and each morning and know that He is working it all out in His perfect timing.

3 comments:

Pam Fatula said...

You are all in my prayers as well.. I love reading your blog..You have such a beautiful way with words.. I always come away feeling truly blessed!! It is so wonderful seeing how God is working in your lives!! :)

sumi said...

I am so excited for you! Praying that the red tape will not cause a delay but that you'll be able to meet Anna soon!
I will give you a call sometime soon - I don't know where I put your number but it has to be somewhere here on my desk!

Mark Pemberton said...

I love the name you chose. Same name as our 8 month old. We have some friends who recently adopted from Vietnam (dad is also originally from Vietnam). I'll pray for your Anna Grace.

Note: Got your link from your post on SCC's blog. Big fan of SCC.