Monday, May 12, 2008

He carried me...

First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you who prayed for me this weekend and sent me such sweet comments and emails. I meant to update my blog earlier today but our home computer is on the fritz and keeps shutting down on me. I am on Dean's laptop now that he is in bed.


I made it through the service fine. I was a mess all night because of my nerves and my emotions. I spent some time in prayer this morning and was feeling a little better but, I have to say that I really started feeling better when I stood up and looked at the congregation and I saw the faces of so many people that I love. I could feel them holding me up with their love for me. I received so many positive remarks about the messaage itself but, to be honest, I'm not sure about it myself. I'm trying to trust what others said but I know they're biased.

In the end, it isn't about me anyway. I obeyed God and I believe He will use my offering to achieve His purposes and I may never know it. I have to say that I am so grateful to be in our church. They have truly become a family to me and I feel a sense of belonging. I feel invested in people's lives. Sometimes the weight of the burden I feel for them overwhelms me. They are such special people and I want God's best for them. I hope I can be a part of His plan for UBC.


By the way, we got a call from the friends Dean and Allie were visiting last night and they found Allie's ring in their driveway!! Allie was right. God did know where it was. She is very happy to know it is found. It is very special to her.


Well, I wanted to write some sentimental post about Mother's Day but I am tired. My brain is done for today. I started to make a slideshow of my favorite girls but the computer shut me down and my pictures are not on Dean's computer. Maybe tomorrow.

My friend, Jennifer, wrote a wonderful post that made me cry. I encourage you to read it and gain some perspective on what you have. Thanks for reminding me, Jen, and I definitely did not try the "underwear" approach. Good advice!!

I found this video made by one of the members of Selah about their daughter, Audrey Caroline. It is beautiful. The song will be released next week, I believe.
She lived for 2 1/2 hours. Her mom, Angela, has a blog that has touched my heart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqXLS-crNfU

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Stacey,

I am so glad it went well -- I was praying for you! I just think you are amazing!

Leanne

sumi said...

It is awesome about Allie's ring!

I always feel that I haven't said everything that I could have said, or that it didn't come out quite right, when I share. But in the end it is the Lord that leads us and he knows what needs to be said and what doesn't.

I know God will bless you abundantly for your sacrifice, becasue it was a sacrifice to stand up and do what you did. I am proud of you!