Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 29

Day 29 has been a whirlwind of a day for us. We are out of town right now visiting our family and attending our church convention in Indiana. I (Stacey) am the one who usually checks our email every morning for our approval notice but this morning Dean was awake first and he was the one to open our inbox and find the email that we have been waiting for...

WE GOT OUR I600 APPROVAL TODAY!!!!!!!!!


Dean woke me up and we read it together and started discussing the next couple of weeks and what all we need to do to get ready to go to Vietnam. We got in touch with our agency and were very shocked to receive an email telling us we can schedule our flight to arrive in VN this Sunday!! We are leaving on Friday to go to pick up our daughter!!

We are so happy and overwhelmed. We thought we would have a little more time to prepare. And did I mention we are out of town?! We are leaving tomorrow to drive back to FL so we can pack and head to VN on Friday.

Our heads are spinning with all of the details and lists but our hearts are filled with gratitude that God has blessed us so much. I have said before that I don't know how you could go through this process without faith and I still believe it. We have seen the hand of God working in our lives through every step of this journey and though I am nervous and anxious about the details to be worked out, I know that He is going before us.

I don't know how much time I will have in the next few days so my next post may be written from VN! Stay tuned...

7 comments:

sumi said...

Wooo-hooo!!!

I am sooooo excited for you. What about the baby shower? :-D

Do you need any help with anything? I could run errands for you or come and help you pack if you need me.

Carly said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Let me know if there is anything I can do. Love you guys! I can't wait to meet Anna Grace. :)

Pam Fatula said...

Yeah!!!!!! I am so happy for your whole family!! I know it will be hard to post, but we will anxiously await ANY news you find you have time to write! Oh!and don't forget to post a pic here and there!! Have a safe trip...you are in our prayers!! ps...Soon she will be in your arms :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! Have a safe trip over there!
-heather p

Grandma Debbie said...

This is one "GRANDMA" that can't wait to get her hands on her. Let me know how I can help in this short period of time ahead. Love You Guys!

grandmasheree said...

As the tears fall down my cheek, my heart is smiling for your fammily. I am so happy for you and know that God will continue to bless your lives. I love and miss you so much. Will be praying for you
sheree

Lynn Boston said...

I am so excited for you! Take lots of pictures while you're in VN and we'll all be waiting for your arrival back to Jax with baby Anna.