Friday, June 6, 2008

Nesting

I have been having a hard time working up that nesting instinct that I had with Allie and Emma so I just told myself I had to do it today. Dean and I worked on Anna Grace's room most of the day today and we got a good start on it. As we worked, I started to feel more and more excited and it felt very real. I think the reason I was having such a hard time getting motivated was because I was afraid to let my guard down and feel too attached. Well, it is really too late to worry about that anyway so I might as well stop trying.




Here are a few pics of her room so far:

(We are going to cover that outlet by her bed so don't worry about it)

The blanket on the rocker was made by Dean's dad. The rocker is 40 years old. It is the one my dad bought for my mom when she had me.

This is the blanket I am working on for her. I am going to hang it on the wall behind the rocker. I need to get to work!

Here's what it will look like:

I will post more when the room is finally completed!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love it!!!!

Leanne said...

Awww...I love it!! The blanket is beautiful too!!! She is going to feel so welcome in her new room :)

I will be out of town and away from e-mail for the next 5 days...I pray you get some amazing news this week!!

Love,
L