Monday, June 16, 2008

Piano recitals and goodbyes...

Allison's piano recital was last Thursday and she did great. Her teacher is the sweetest lady. She is a true southern lady and she is like a grandma to Allie. She loves her students so much and she makes a really big deal out of the recital. It is held in a real concert hall and it is very, very LONG. But it is worth the sore back to hear YOUR child play.














We have had company with us for a couple of weeks and we had to say goodbye yesterday. Our friend, Carly, stayed with us before she and Dean's cousin (her husband), Ben, moved to Tallahassee. Carly has been a part of our lives for almost three years and we are sad to see her and Ben move. They are family, though, so that means we will always be connected. Tallahassee is not that far so we will see them often.


Still, it was hard to see them go. I was talking to Dean about how they say when you go through a loss you never get back to normal. You just find a new normal. I told him I can't seem to find that new normal and he pointed out that Carly and Ben were our new normal. I had never thought of that before but it is probably true. They filled the empty time and space and now that they are gone I feel restless and lost again. Weird, huh?


Anyway, this wasn't written to make them feel guilty or anything. I am happy for them and we will truly miss having them be such a big part of our lives. I always told Carly that she met me at my absolute worst and if she still loved me, then she must be a true friend.

I'm so thankful for relatives who are also our friends!

2 comments:

Carly said...

It is so lonely here in Tallahassee without you guys. We are sad to leave Jacksonville, but we will be coming back to visit often. You guys mean more to us than you know.

Anonymous said...

I love the photos.
God's ways are bigger than ours, I am glad we can rest in that fact. We do not know what is in our best interest but he does. Our creator and sustainer.
I can know how you feel about letting Carly and Ben go, and yet I know they are not far away. We are eternally connected to each other forever as God's children. I am happy for you and your new addition to your family. May God continue to bless you in whatever way He choses. In His love, Linda Shively