Sunday, June 29, 2008

More Details To Share

What a crazy few days we have had! Over all, our trip here went pretty smoothly. The flight from LA to Hong Kong was very long and we were so ready to get out of that plane!! We had a short flight from Hong Kong to Hanoi and here we are.


(Allie's "breakfast" on the plane. It was some sort of chicken and rice porridge.)




The hotel sent a van to pick us up and we had a 30 min drive to the hotel. What an experience!! There are basically no traffic laws so people just honk and keep going. We saw all kinds of new sights. The city is old but full of culture. I am looking forward to exploring tomorrow.






Our hotel is very nice. We have two bedrooms, two baths, a living room, and kitchen. Not at all what I expected for the price. You definitely get more for your money here!! Food will definitely be an issue for Allie and I. Even the "American foods" have a totally different taste. There is a shopping center in the hotel so we bought some bread and PB so we won't starve. This may be the diet I have been meaning to start for the past, I don't know, 15 years.






We didn't want to sleep this afternoon but we were all getting grumpy so we decided to take a short nap before finding some dinner. Five hours later, we made our way to the hotel restaurant, which was pretty reasonably priced. We didn't explore outdoors today but we are all heading to bed to get some sleep and hope to see some things tomorrow. Our biggest obstacle will be making it across the street alive!






Tomorrow is a free day and then we have our giving and receiving ceremony on Tuesday!! I want to say thanks to all of you who helped us get ready so quickly this past week and helped us get all of the basic things we will need for Anna. We really couldn't have done it without you and we love and appreciate you all.

9 comments:

Uncle Jim & Aunt Hallie said...

I've been at the computer for some time now, trying to leave a "comment" on your blog after reading "We're Here!" Easy to see I'm not computer savvy! In the meantime, your "More Details To Share" came in. Wow! Great pictures! We're so glad you arrived safely and things seem to be going well!!! So Tuesday is the "BIG DAY". We're so excited, and we can only imagine the state you all are in!
Our prayers continue. Hugs for each of you. We love you! (Yummm, Yummm. That PB and bread!) Aunt Hallie & Uncle Jim (By the way Jim says he's ready to babysit in Jax. Wonder if that means diaper changes? Riiiggghhhttt!)

Ben & Carly said...

We are so excited for you guys. Looks like things are going well. We can't wait to hear about when you meet Anna for the first time. We love and miss you!!!

Beth and David said...

Well, I guess there is more than one way to lose weight. I'm sure you'll both find something:) We're glad you made it safely and will be checking frequently for more updates. I figure your Tuesday morning is our Monday night. That isn't so far away. We just can't wait to see Anna in your arms.

Dale Gruver said...

Dean, Stacey and Allie,

I am glad that you made it safe. Everyone was asking about all of you this morning. Lyn Lichty in Sunday School said "This is such an exciting moment for the Olsons and our church. I cannot wait to see Anna!"

Everything went well today...Bruce was very good. Again, I am glad you are safe and we are praying for you. Looking forward to seeing pics of Anna!!!!!

Dale

Jill, Declan & Neely said...

I am glad to see that you are all doing well! I'll be checking daily to see how your trip is and how cute that little girl is!! It will be fun when you are back and we are raising our beautiful daughters together. I am sure they will be friends and playmates. Declan is ready to see "Dean's baby".
I am so excited for you!!
Jill

Lori said...

Just got home from D.C. and couldn't wait to check your blog.
So glad to see you are there and so excited for you all!
Prayers and hugs!
Lori - N.B.

Grandma Debbie said...

So good to hear from you guys. Didn't expect to see anything until Monday. You talk about the traffic, sounds like Dean should feel right at home with it. Last night when we turned in I told Dan, well they should be there. Be checking back daily. HURRY HOME all FOUR of you. Praying for you daily.

grandmasheree said...

I also have been waiting to leave you a comment. So glad that you are safely there. Those are wonderful pictures, looks very nice, and yes peanut butter and bread will do it.
I wish that I were able to share more with you and really touch you all, but God had different plans for that, I know that the congregation there and all you friends love you, but I know that maybe I love you more.. haha God let our lives touch for a short time but I can still glory in your joy... I am so happy for you

Erika said...

We've been thinking about you and praying for you often over the last few days! We cannot wait to hear about little Anna!!! :) Just a few more hours!!! YEA!