Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shopping (NOT)

It seems that by the time I get my turn with the computer I am too exhausted to write much. I want to start by thanking all of you who wrote such kind comments. You don't know how much that means to us when we are half a world away with no contact with anyone. Please continue to let us know you are still there. It is amazing how isolated you can feel when nothing is familiar.

Today we pretty much stayed in the hotel to acquaint ourselves with Anna. She is a sweet baby. The last picture we had received of her was one that really caused us a lot of stress because she looked so unhappy:


You can imagine our relief to discover this side of her today:


And of course the one who brought this about was none other than her:


Here are some of the other many faces of Anna Grace:


I wish I weren't so exhausted so I could write more but I will share our one venture out today. We decided to go to the "old quarter" where there are alot of shops and a beautiful park. I think I had St. Augustine pictured. Well, as soon as we got out of the taxi we had people surrounding us to buy stuff and I don't consider myself a protective mom but when people started grabbing at Anna and trying to give me advice about parenting her, I lost it. I looked at Dean and told him that we needed to get back to the hotel NOW. I don't know if I will venture out again or not. I really want some suveniers to take home for the girls but I am hoping maybe we will find a nice mall...

Food is still an issue. We have discovered that breakfast is the best meal to eat in the hotel restaurant and we just munch the rest of the day. We had spaghetti tonight and Allie said it was the best she ever had.

Please pray for Anna as she has a pretty bad cold which seems to be getting worse. I can't wait to get her home to go to the doctor. She is pretty congested.

I am literally falling asleep as I write this so I will go for now and I hope to share more about yesterday with you soon.

This is the view from our window:











14 comments:

Uncle Jim & Aunt Hallie said...

We logged on early this morning to get "more news".Thanks for keeping us posted. Anna Grace is such a Sweetie!
Love You Guys!

Pam Fatula said...

Wow.. what a beautiful smile she has!! There is no doubt she is happy to have such a great big sister!! It is so wonderful to see how God has brought you all together! Thank you so much for the pictures!

Erika said...

I just love these photos of your sweet family! I was just talking with my Dad this morning about how amazing it is that we can share in this journey with you a half a world away! Thank you for your posts and photos - even through the exhaustion that you all must be feeling right now! We, on this side of the world, love being able to read / see what is going on there in Vietnam! We can't wait to talk to you "real" time! Lots of hugs to the whole family! We love you! :)

Aunt Debbie said...

You get some rest, you'll have lots of time to tell us all about it. Take plenty of pictures and make lots of memories. Love You!

Carly said...

Anna looks so happy with her family. :) I love the pictures. It looks as though you guys are having a great time getting to know her and love her.
Love you guys!

tracy w. said...

I love the pictures. It's great to be able to share from here, what you guys are experiencing. We're praying for you all.

Beth said...

I love the smile. Allie makes me smile too:) Get rest and enjoy getting to Anna. Owen talks about her and that she is coming home. I'm not sure where he thinks home is, but he talking and thinking about her too.

Leanne said...

She is SOOOOO cute!!!

Some friends I met via blogging are in Hanoi right now as well. Thay seem to be amazing people!!! Did not know if you might want to meet them...

There blog is http://willsnewbrother.blogspot.com/

They have bloggeed a lot since being there.

Praying for you!

grandmasheree said...

I am like all of your friends and family, I cant wait to log on to see you all. It is so amazing to me that we can follow your journey and be a part of it also. I am praying for your health and for the baby. The pics are wonderful. Love you all so much.

The Dentons said...

Pavin wants to know if she'll be his prom date. :) He yelled out loud when he saw her picture. See you ALL soon. love, jen

Carol said...

What a beautiful smile! We are so happy for you. I know you are exhausted. Take care of yourselves. You are in our prayers. We look forward to meeting Anna Grace. Love you all.

Carol

Lynn Boston said...

I love Anna's smile! She is so happy to have a new sister. I am just so happy for your family. This is so exciting.

Lenny said...

Stacey- Don't worry about getting all of us souvenirs. You really only have to get 1 of us a souvenir and we know who that would be, right? =)
Allie - Who can't you make laugh? It's great to see that Anna Grace already knows she has a crazy, silly sister that can make funny faces. =)
Dean - So Stacey and Allie aren't having much luck with finding good food, how about you? Any good Vietemese dishes you've had?

Can't wait to give all of you hugs when you get back! As your afternoon begins, know that you're in our nighttime prayers.

Lenny

Jen said...

she is so adorable! I'm so glad that you have been able to post pictures of her!