Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Emma!

I couldn't let today go by without wishing my butterfly girl a happy birthday. It was twelve years ago that Emma came into this world and began her courageous fight to live. She fought for nine beautiful years and I am so grateful for each precious day I got to care for her. I miss her more than anyone could possibly understand but I know that she is in a place where life is not measured by minutes, hours, days, months, or years. She lives on in my heart and in eternity. On this day I remember her with smiles and tears. We will celebrate her life by enjoying this day together as a family, just as we would do if Emma were here with us. At some point in the day, I will wrap up in this special blanket made of Emma's clothes (it was made by my sister and her mother-in-law) and let myself feel whatever I feel.


If anyone wants to remember Emma on this special day, you can click on her picture on the right side of the blog and you will see a slideshow I made in her memory.

2 comments:

sheree said...

Happy birthday angel Emma, you are so loved... and missed

Leanne said...

Happy Birthday Emma!

I loved watching the beautiful slideshow. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.