Thursday, October 30, 2008

Four months ago...

Today marks four months since we met Anna Grace for the first time. It is crazy how fast the time has gone, yet it feels like a lifetime ago. She fills our home with smiles and joy. We are so blessed to have her in our family. Her personality has blossomed lately. She steals the hearts of all who meet her. I'm sorry if I'm bragging. We went to the dermatologist today and I wasn't sure if they were going to let us leave. Everyone wanted their turn to hold her. She loved the attention, of course.

She has learned some new tricks recently. She waves "bye-bye" and she does push ups on the floor. I think she is trying to stand up. She pulled up to standing twice but hasn't done it again. She babbles constantly and sounds like she is really saying something. She says "baba" for bottle and "mama" for me. I thought I heard her say "dada" the other morning. She is growing slowly and I am hoping we have the skin issues under control. Anyway, she is definitely changing.

I am so grateful and am trying to enjoy every moment. Since we returned from Vietnam, it seems like the other areas of our life have been so stressful. It has been one thing after another. I am trying so hard to not let it steal my joy but it is hard. I have never been good at that. I find myself longing for our time in Vietnam when it was just us. But life goes on and I have to do the same. I am thankful for my family. These are the people who make it all worth it.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stacey,
She is beautiful! Isn't it amazing what God is able to do.
He gave you 3 beautiful girls to love and you are a loving, Godly mother and it shows in your girls. Whenever the stress gets you down just look at their faces.
Love ya
Lori

Cheryl F. said...

Stacey,
She is beautiful and I can see the love in your families eyes. I hope to hear some good news soon. I can't believe she has been home 4 months. Time just goes too fast. Glad to see the great pictures.
Cheryl F

sheree said...

What a precious gift you have, the smles, the laughter it is so nice to see that. Happy Halloween!:)Mikayla wanted to watch Clifford the Big Red Dog the other night and I thought of Emma and how she introduced me to Clifford. Remember the one halloween party at church she was Clifford and I was pushing her in her chair and going to the double door entrance to the church, she kept smiling and laughing seeing herself in the reflections. You guys are thought of so much...
love to you