Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bring the Rain

Our Father knows what's best for us, so why should we
complain?
We always want the sunshine, but He knows there must be
rain.
We love the sound of laughter and the merriment of cheer,
But our hearts would lose their tenderness if we never shed
a tear.
For growing trees are strengthened when they withstand
the storm,
and the sharp cut of the chisel gives the diamond grace
and form.
God never hurts us needlessly, and He never wastes our pain,
For every loss He sends us is followed by rich gain.
And when we count the blessings that God has so freely sent,
We'll find no cause for murmering, and no time to lament.
For our Father loves His children, and to Him all things are
plain,
So He never sends us pleasure when the soul's deep need is
pain.
So whenever we are troubled, and when everything goes
wrong,
We know God's working in our hearts, to make our spirit
strong.
Amy Carmichael

I read this this morning as I sat on my porch listening to the rain come down. I thought I would share it with you all. I am slowly learning to thank God for the rain in my life and even the storms. I can feel my roots going deeper and I am getting stronger. There are so many shallow people and I don't want to be one of them. So, today I will praise Him for the storms!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacey - I'm trying to find you...have sent e-mails...do not have your new address or phone....
please send me your info...
smtedrick1@yahoo.com
plus back on facebook.

Thanks - miss you.
Susie