Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Whatever..." Wednesday

One of my least favorite words in the English language is "Whatever". Just like most words it isn't the actual word but it is the way it is used. When you hear a teenager say "whatever", you usually hear, "What you just said means absolutely nothing to me. I am going to do what I want anyway.".


Thankfully, the word "whatever" can be used in a positive way. One of my favorite verses is found in Philippians 4:8;

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."


I have always loved to go to that verse when I am feeling down or overwhelmed because of the things going on in my life. It reminds me that dwelling on the negative will only push me further away from the truth and the truth is that God has given me so many gifts that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and worthy of praise. Why am I thinking about the negative?


So, I hope you will join me for "Whatever..." Wednesdays because I will be taking a moment each Wednesday to focus on the positive things going on in my world and I hope you will do the same. It will be cheaper than therapy!




Whatever...
You know I have to start with my girls!!
My parents have been there for me all of my life and I miss them so much but I am thankful we got to spend some time with them a couple of weeks ago ...
.
Is there anything more pure and lovely than a girl and her teddy bear?
I love living so close to the Amish community. Seeing them in Walmart or passing them on the road in their buggies really makes me stop and think about what is important in life. In fact, right now there is an Amish man and his son right outside my window cutting down a tree in the back yard. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I think because they have the right focus.
I love fall! And it is finally here and I am finally going to get to enjoy it! Dean and I went on a drive the other day and the leaves are just starting to turn. I intend to enjoy every minute of this fall season!


I'll end with some specific "whatevers" from this week.


Whatever would I do without the friends and family who sent cards and messages to encourage us on the anniversary of Emma's death this week?

Whatever am I going to cook on the grill that some friends from church bought us since we didn't have room to bring ours from Florida?



Whatever can we do to thank the special people who provided us with dinner on Monday so that we could go out and focus on our family on that special day?



Whatever did I do to deserve a husband who always puts me first and puts up with the emotional roller coaster I seem to be stuck on?



Whatever did we do right to have a daughter who chose to get up early this morning to go to the "Meet you at the pole" so she could find out who the Christians are at school? She is the definition of noble and true. I pray she stays that way.



I hope your day is full of "whatevers" today!!!



1 comment:

Leanne said...

love this post. Praying for you! I saw a butterfly the other day and thought about your sweet little Emma...