Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Sweet Life

Sometimes it is so easy to only notice the things that are wrong in this world and to focus on the negative. I know I get caught in this trap so often. The problems and annoyances can take the joy out of living if we let them.
And there are times that we try so hard to make our lives look good to others. We paint a pretty picture for others to look at so they don't see what is really happening.
It is hard to find a balance but I am trying. I want to be real. I want to be authentic. I want people to see me as I am. I am flawed. My life isn't even close to perfect. But that doesn't mean that I don't have moments that are just perfectly sweet...


Like this view...




Or watching my little one sneak up on my big one....





or throwing stones in the lake... just because....








or watching a caterpillar just be a caterpillar....










or sitting on the porch eating an apple you just picked....











Or trying to upstage your big sister....



Or taking a sweet picture of your sweet daughter....





Or just pure sweetness...




Or cooking a family favorite together...



Ahhh.... that's the sweet life. And it's mine.

1 comment:

Uncle Jim said...

You are a blessed and gifted woman, mother, daughter, wife AND MY Niece !