Sunday, October 7, 2012

Freedom to Change

Yesterday my sweet niece gave me a new look. We girls love getting a makeover, don't we? I know I do! There is something so fun about picking a new hairstyle, getting a manicure, or having our makeup done. It makes us feel a little better about ourselves. Kind of like we are a better version of ourselves.

If only it were just as fun and easy to change what is on the inside. Changing the things that are making our attitudes and behaviors ugly is hard work and no amount of beautifying the outside can hide an ugly heart.

Today I am thankful for a God who loves us no matter what our insides or outsides look like. He loves us but expects us to do the work along with Him to turn the ugliness into beauty. He gives us the ultimate makeover if we put ourselves into His capable and loving hands. And then our beauty is more than skin deep.

No comments: